Code of Ethics of the Medical Technologist (New Version)

Only a few people post this on the internet and well, I decided to share this instead of waiting for some other people to do so. I am a victim of “Memorize the code of ethics (med tech) and we’ll have a quiz next meeting” and I am not aware that there’s a new and an old version. I searched on the internet and got my hands a copy of the code of ethics and, unfortunately, it’s an old version and I never knew it until the day of the exam.

So future RMT’s who still haven’t got their hands on the new version, here it goes:

Board of Medical Technology Code of Ethics (New Version)

  • As I enter into the practice of Medical Technology, I shall accept the responsibilities inherent to being a professional; I shall uphold the law and shall not engage in illegal work nor cooperate with anyone so engaged; I shall avoid associating or being identified with any enterprise of questionable character;
  • I shall work and act in a strict spirit of fairness to employer, clients, contractors, employees and in a spirit of personal helpfulness and fraternity toward other members of the profession;
  • I shall use only honorable means of competition for professional employment or services and shall refrain form unfairly injuring, directly or indirectly, the professional reputation, projects or business of a fellow medical technologist; I shall accept employment from more than one employer only when there in no conflict of interest;
  • I shall perform professional work in a manner that merits full confidence and trust carried out with absolute reliability, accuracy, fairness and honesty; I shall review the professional work of other medical technologists, when requested, fairly and in confidence whether they are subordinates or employees, authors of proposals for grants or contracts, authors of technical papers or other publications or involved in litigation;
  •  I shall advance the profession by exchanging general information and experience with fellow medical technologists and other professionals and by contributing to the work of professional organizations;
  • I shall restrict my praises, criticisms, views and opinions within constructive limits and shall not use the knowledge I know for selfish ends; I shall treat any information I acquired about individuals in the course of my work as strictly confidential, and may be divulged only to authorized persons or entities or with consent of the individual when necessary;
  • I shall report any infractions of these principles of professional conduct to the authorities responsible of enforcement of applicable laws or regulations, or to the Ethics Committee of the Philippine Association of Medical Technologists as may be appropriate
  • To these principles, I hereby subscribe and pledge to conduct myself at all times in a manner befitting the dignity of my profession. 


Code of Ethics of the Medical Technologist (Old Version):

As I enter the practice of medical technology, I shall:


  •       Accept the responsibilities inherent to being a professional
  •        Uphold the law and shall not participate in illegal work
  •        Act in spirit of fairness to all and in a spirit of brotherhood toward other members of the profession
  •        Accept employment from more than one employer only when there is no conflict of interest
  •        Perform my task with full confidence, absolute reliability and accuracy.
  •        Share my knowledge and expertise with my colleagues.
  •        Contribute to the advancement of professional organization and other allied health organizations.
  •        Restrict my praises, criticisms, view and opinions within constructive limits
  •        Treat any information I acquired in the course of my work as strictly confidential.
  •        Uphold the dignity and respect of my profession and conduct myself a reputation of reliability, honesty and integrity
  •        Be dedicated to the use of clinical laboratory science to promote life and benefit mankind.
  •        Report any violations of the above principles of the professional conduct to authorized agency and to the ethics committee of the organization.

      To these principles, I hereby subscribe and pledge to conduct myself at all times in a manner befitting the dignity of my profession.



Source 1: Rabor, R. R. et al. (2006). Medical Technology Laws and Ethics: A Collection of Philippine Laws, Statues and Codes of the Medical Technology Profession. Philippines: EDL Printing Press
Source 2: prc.gov.ph

Comments

  1. Is this really the new one?? I am rally confuse between the old and the new code of ethics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, sorry for the very late reply and yes this is the newer version of the code of ethics for medtechs here in the Philippines

      Delete
  2. I'm a little bit unsure about this new version you've posted or our prof just have a diff copy? idk. I'll try to compare it. Tnx anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the 1997 version by Former PAMET President Norma Chang. Any version newer than this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a licensed psychologist. Ive noticed your code of ethics do not include interpersonal relationship in the workplace. No wonder med techs are insensitive to the feelings of others in the workplace. Their attitude is "kami kami" group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May it be on the code of ethics or not I think it just depend on those "professional"'s attitude. I think not only is this limited to medical technologist but maybe to other professions as well.

      Delete
  5. I invite you to the page where you can read with interesting information on similar topics. asking for a second opinion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good afternoon, what can I file for someone who is a RMT having an affair with a married man? thank you in advance for the reply.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi can you tell me the author of the new and old version? I badly need it , thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The newer one is the one at the top it has it's caption. It says "New Version" the one at the bottom is the older one.

      Delete
  8. Hi, thank you so much for sharing this. Can I ask who wrote both the new and old version? My professor is telling is to put the author, I hope you can respond. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. phwaptrick.blogspot.com blogs news tech and tips, game news and reviews, smartphones specs, computer specs, microsoft, PH telecom promos, KDrama entertainment reviews and the like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lionesse Gem Skin Care White Pearl Facial Peeling Review // Unimaginable Results after just a month

Shantahl Rejuvenating Set // It's a MIRACLE SET for me